Welcome to my world!
A couple of my sista frenz suggested that I do this. None of them has said what, if any, is the value proposition. Neither do I have any inkling. But here I am, in the blogosphere. I'm well thought-out like that.
So if I think about it, it seems that blogging could, at the very least, be interesting. With 300 plus friends on Facebook, that medium now feels like running a bureaucracy. Perhaps Acre Lane might be a good space to say what's really on my mind. Maybe I can indulge my peculiar interests here.
Its past 4:00am Monday morning. Roger Federer won the French Open yesterday, and I had real tears of joy. After living in Geneva for 3 not-so-exciting years, he is one of the few fun associations I make with Switzerland. Peerless, he is. What a class act.
Speaking of Geneva, on Saturday I received a hard copy of the book I wrote as part of my job, when I lived there. Its rather huffily entitled "Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and International Human Rights Law" in the ICJ Practioners Guide series. (I mean "legal practitioners", of course. LOL ). Will have more to say on this later.
As I write this post, I'm listening to the BNP leader lay out his reason for being on the BBC, after winning a seat in the European parliament. http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2009/jun/07/european-elections-manchester-liverpool . This came shortly after reading my friend Gary Younge's article on conservative anquish over judge Sotamayor, in the US. http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2009/jun/07/sotomayor-racism-supreme-court.
I start today thinking that the world is engaged in a game of "trading places," like Eddie Murphy was, in that 80's movie of the same name. It began with Obama, I reckon. After he flipped the script, white guys can properly winge about being a minority. Who knew ! Im going to imagine wild things this week and see if they happen.
Sunday, 7 June 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Yea for Federer, yea for Acre Lane....
ReplyDeleteI am elated that you are here to share your experience. Now mere anarchy will be loosed upon the world!
ReplyDeleteI am elated that you are here on the blogosphere to share your experience! Now mere anarchy is loosed upon the world!
ReplyDeleteExcellent blog....Who knew you could write so well
ReplyDeleteWell done....hope you will do a better job than me in keeping it going.
ReplyDelete